Explore our employment opportunities below:
Part-Time Administrative Assistant
Judaism Your Way (JYW) seeks a 10 hour/week Administrative Assistant to assist with basic financial accounting, program tracking, and board meetings. The Administrative Assistant demonstrates confidentiality in handling the organization’s financial and client information. The Administrative Assistant works closely with the Bookkeeper and reports to the Executive Director.
- Working in QuickBooks and E-Tapestry, our donor database, provide financial accounting services.
- On a bi-weekly basis, enter vendor invoices, bills, and EFTs into QuickBooks
- Print and mail checks
- File check stubs in disbursements folder
- Work with Bookkeeper to ensure QuickBooks entries are up to date and close out each month so Bookkeeper can generate reports.
- Prepare bank deposits (fill out deposit form, scan checks to folder in shared drive, work with Executive Director who takes deposit to the bank, and file deposit receipt)
- Provide administrative support for 6 board meetings throughout the year. The Board meets the third Thursday every other month from 11:30 am- 1 pm beginning in July. Coordinate all Board meeting logistics including:
- Emailing the board book a week before the meeting
- Collecting RSVPs and lunch orders three days before the meeting
- Collating hard copy board packets
- Picking up lunch
- Taking minutes at Board meetings.
- When in the office, provide general administrative support.
- Reply to emails on askus (general inquiries)
- Answer phones
- Put together fundraising packets when supplies run out.
- Provide program tracking support.
- Follow up with rabbis on lifecycle inquiries (baby namings, Bar/Bat Mitzvah, weddings, funerals, etc.)
- Input incoming lifecycle registrations into lifecycle tracking excel document. (This task may be discontinued.)
- Check in with rabbinic team in advance of board meetings to ensure this form matches the rabbi’s records for lifecycle officiation
- Input check and ACH payments into E-Tapestry (donor database)
- Communicate with clients regarding reduced fees and payment plans in a compassionate and empathic manner and ensure this is recorded on the lifecycle form and in E-Tapestry
- Set up payment plans for lifecycle clients through E-Tapestry or as an ACH depending on client preference
- Keep track of payment plan due dates upcoming lifecycle ceremonies and send reminder invoices to clients as needed
- Create event RSVP/check in lists, name tags, packing lists etc. in advance of major programs
- Record final event attendance data on lifecycle/program tracking form.
Interpersonal Skills: Establishes good working relationships and communicates clearly and compassionately adderall 30mg with colleagues, outside agencies, board members, JYW patrons, volunteers, and community members.
Time Management: Concentrates his/her efforts on the most important priorities and can attend to a broad range of activities. Uses time effectively and efficiently, and values/respects the time of others.
Functional/Technical Skills: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the QuickBooks and E-Tapestry entry at a high level of accomplishment.
Informing Others: Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs well; helps people understand the information and knowledge and its relevance to the task at hand; is timely and appropriate with information;
Initiative: Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for worthwhile activities; not fearful of taking calculated risks; seizes opportunities; sets demanding but achievable objectives for self and others.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience with office operations, administration, and working with vendors (nonprofit experience a plus)
- Experience with QuickBooks
- Experience with donor database management, preferably E-Tapestry or another Blackbaud product
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Willingness to work as part of a fast-paced and dynamic team and enthusiastically promote agency mission in all activities.
Salary and Benefits:
- This is a 10 hour/week position.
- Hourly rate commensurate with experience.
- Please note: agency does not pay relocation costs.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with Administrative Assistant in the subject line.
About Judaism Your Way:
Judaism Your Way’s mission is to offer innovative opportunities to connect Jewishly for all Jews and loved ones including: cultural/secular Jews, unaffiliated Jews, Jews who are part of an interfaith partnership or family, LGBTQ Jews, and those looking for an unambiguous welcome to Jewish life.
JYW’s flagship program is offering free High Holy Day services at the Denver Botanic Gardens. In 2016, approximately 5,625 duplicated individuals attended 14 different services over 4 days. Other signature programs include offering a multi-track approach to Jewish coming-of-age learning and celebration through our Open Tent B’nai Mitzvah program, and an 8th Night Community Passover Seder.
In June 2017, JYW was recognized as one of 50 of the most innovative Jewish organizations in the country by our inclusion in Slingshot ’17.
Our employees and volunteers are passionate about our work and that reflects in the dedication individuals bring to their efforts. We are looking for a new team member who shares our vision and one who is excited about our organization’s potential.